Tuesday, September 15, 2009

against the flow

[I wrote this excerpt while interning in Mumbai. Everyday I used to travel from Churchgate to Lower Parel while the Mumbai crowd in general travels to Churchgate.]

I like to walk against the flow... always

I can see the expressionless bodies walk down the street heading to the same place they go everyday, when I am walking up. These faces tell me that if given a chance they would head back to where they were coming from... the luxury and comfort of their home.
The unprecedented advantage is that I can see everyone and everyone can see me... everyone sees me.
The road I walk upon, is the one less trodden, so I can pick on lonely fragrant flowers as I walk along. Flowers that have missed the eyes of so many because they were in a hurry to walk down the street the other way.
And if I keep walking along, I get to behold ignored destinations. And when I decide to enter one of these, I realize I have discovered a whole new world of thoughts and actions, a whole new arena of ideas and opportunities and a whole new empire inviting me to place a foot in and explore the untouched. And this is when I unravel that I was made to tread the 'wrong' path...I was meant to walk against the flow...

1 comment:

Radha said...

wow.. loved this post..
I totally understand what you mean.. walking against the flow has its own charms!