Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pilani

Pilani has it all, all it takes to make me fall in love all over again. In love with the tree lined streets, the shining clock tower on a vibrant backdrop of rain filled clouds and the aura with which the place welcomed me.
The serene breeze in the ground rustles across my face and asks me, what is it that I am missing?
I see 360 around and see dark clouds covering the sky without a patch that would let me see the stars beyond. Occasional spells of thunder and a serene breeze rustling across my face. After a while, the clouds disperse a little, letting us peep into the amazing world beyond.
I could teach the little girl Laali how to connect the dots in the sky and make a spoon, but what she could teach me was how to tilt the spoon and make an S. Imagination.
Warmth, I found unlimited when I visited Meera Bhavan's didis n mess wala bhaiyas. They said, 'Behanji, hame yaad hai, mithai khilai thi aapne jab naukri lagi thi, ab dobara bhi khilana jab shadi ho tab' and dazzling smiles packaged along with such innocent comments. No questions, just happiness lurking on their faces with the satisfaction of recognition from a previous dweller.
The one question that I was asked a dozen times was, 'aap yaha kaise? aapka toh course khatam ho gaya tha na'. My unruffled smile tries to explain, my time will never be enough. This place belongs to me, I belong here...